School Fee Support to Orphans and Vulnerable Children

RAPSIDA SCHOOL SUPPORT CAMPAIGN


· INGABIRE Solange


INGABIRE Solange is 16 years old, she has neither father nor a mother, she does not know the real date of their death, because her mother died when she was too young and she was taken by her aunt. Her aunt is too poor, so that she can’t get the school fees for her for secondary school, her job is to cultivate for anyone who wants in the village, and for such job the payment is 500frw, which means one dollar per day. INGABIRE is happy to be supported by RAP.




· NZANYWAIYIMANA Emmeryne


She is 16 years old, she has no father no mother they dies of HIV/AIDS, all of them were primary school teachers and now she lives in her family relatives: The father died in 1995, and the mother died in 2001. She studies in senior one in a high school called APEBU. As her max report is good she is allowed to pass in the senior two. She is proud of being supported by RAP, and she considers RAPSIDA as the parent.


HIRWA Hubert

Hubert is 14 years old his father was died in 2003, his mother lives with HIV/AIDS, and she became very weak so that she can not work. The family became poor due the mother’s situation. So Hubert can not go a heard with studies if he does not get a support, but fortunately Hubert is not HIV+. The association of people who live with HIV/AIDS tries to help him with moral and counseling help.


UWASE Esperance -- Girimpuhwe Association

· NIRAGIRE Clementine


NIRAGIRE is 16years old, she is HIV+ she is also an orphan; her mother died 1997, and her father died the following year. She often has the trauma problems. She is really poor and she lives in family relatives with her brother and sisters. Before getting RAP’s assistance, it was not possible for her to continue her studies because of lack of school fees. She has problems of nutrition because at the school she can not get the balanced diet, not only that but also getting the school materials is a big problem for her!

· TUYISENGE Didier

Didier is 17years old He has only the mother who is street cleaner. His father died when Didier was too young; 3years old. The mother is extremely poor because her job is not permanent and she is low paid. Didien have had problems in his studies which made him to repeat the year; that was poverty. But since he started to get a support from RAP he became good in all subjects and now he succeeded the first year of secondary school. He is in a high school called ASPESKA!

· UWIMANA Liliane:

She was born in 1990 her father died in 1992, and her mother is a cultivator who a very little place and that make her to go to cultivate for others in the village so that she can make survivor her family. LILIANE is hopefully wait the resultants of third year exams if she passes successfully senior three, she will continue towards senior four.

· MUSABYIMANA Jacqueline

Jacqueline is 16 years old she is in senior one secondary school called APEBU her father died in 1995 and her mother died in2001, so was recuperated by her uncle who is a pastor and organizer of an association of PLWHIV/AIDS. She is supported by RAP and she is very proud of it.

· UWIMANA Augustin

Augustin is 21years old, he has no parent; his father died in 1997, and her mother died in 1999. He is the chief of family because he is the oldest brother, some family relatives who are also poor (cultivators) do they best to help him, but their help is meaningless due to the family needs.

· KUBWIMANA Jean de Dieu

Jado is 19 years old his father died in 1998 her mother is a cultivator. Jean de Dieu is hopefully waiting the resultants of third year exams, if he will have a chance to pass successfully senior three, he will have to continue towards senior four.

  • BIHOYIKI Theogene

Theogene is 22years old, he studies at APAGIE School, he has two parents with a father who lives with HIV/AIDS, and he (Theogene) was promoted to senior three. But although his parent’s style of life is too complicated, because parents are deeply poor with the father who has no power to work for his family; they live on cultivating other’s gardens and the salary is too low (one dollar per day).


  • LEATITIA

She is 17years old, she has two parents who are HIV+ and the mother started to suffer from AIDS. The father is in the committee of an association of people living with HIV/AIDS called DUHARANIRUBUZIMA. Their family is genocide survivors. They are very poor so that they can not buy anything from their self. Normally the father was used to participe in simple jobs offered by neighbor, but as he is no longer strong.

STRIVE FOUNDATION ASSOCIATION

NGENZI Theogene

My names are Njyenzi Theogene I am 22years old, I go to Alliance High School and I was promoted to senior two. I live with my elder brother who is a barber. I do not have parents, my father died in the 1994 genocide and then my mother died later in 2003 of HIV/AIDS. Life is not easy for me during the holydays. Well some times I go to help my brother at the saloon if he gets clients. Its not easy especially when we do not get clients because then if we do not get money for food and also fail to pay our house rent and also paying the owner of the saloon, its had life.

With school, I love studying too much and my wish is to complete my education level but then I have problems with the school I go to, this is because the weather at that place is not good for my health because when ever I am there I have problems with breathing, flue, malaria, eyes and stomach ulcers.

My wish is to get school fees support until I complete my education and also to get a place where I can live because my brother will be taken by some one to work in Uganda and I really do not have any other relatives. Another thing is that I would love to go Nyamata High school or APEBU Nyamata because I think the weather there is good for my health because I have ever lived there.

I feel so proud that my school fees are being paid by RAP. They do not delay to pay my school fees and they help me to know more about HIV/AIDS.

RAP gives the students the right to choose what they want to study they do not say that if you want us to support you, you should study example, catering, tourism etc.

Well I have gone for an HIV/AIDS test only once in August this year and I was tested negative.